We are able to offer very diverse roles and a wide range of opportunities. As members of CAAV, BIAC and other prominent organisations we encourage our staff to develop their skills and continue their professional training.
Role: Property Manger
Location: Newbury, Berkshire
Salary: Based upon experience.
Start Date: November 2019.
Summary of the Role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable individual who would be required to oversee the management of a varied residential and commercial property portfolio.
Reporting to the management and clients, the role involves:
– Managing all daily and routine aspects of the portfolio.
– Dealing with prospective and current tenants
– Liaising with various contractors to coordinate repairs, routine and emergency maintenance.
– Routine management tasks including marketing of property, monitoring rental accounts, re-charging for services, arranging regular inspections, tendering repairs and works, project management, insurance record keeping, tenancy renewals, providing regular reports and rent reviews.
The Residential Property Manager is a key member of the Team. Whilst performing their core duties, it is also important that the role is understood in the context of the wider business. The business aims to ensure that the management of the residential portfolio is aligned to client’s requirements whilst complying with all relevant legislation. This latter aims to ensure consistency across all areas of the business including shared goals of maintaining high standards, reviewing core and non-core assets; routinely benchmarking and analysing performance and finding, evolving and executing development opportunities.
Main Responsibilities / Duties
The successful applicant will report to the Board of Directors. Responsibilities and tasks will include:
• Proactively determining and agreeing the day to day running of the residential portfolio in line with the client’s individual business strategy, agreed budgets and other targets.
• Assisting in the marketing and advertising all property with the aim of maintaining standards, letting in timely manner whilst planning to ensure days vacant are minimised.
• Responsibility for timely updating of the website and other online media and marketing
• Ensuring viewings of residential properties are well managed.
• Undertaking due diligence in respect of new lettings.
• Working with contractors to ensure properties are maintained to a suitable level.
• Raising rent demands, reviewing rents and chasing arrears in a consistent and commercial manner.
• General office duties, including maintenance of filing, systems and databases
• Managing a maintenance database of estate property in coordination with the Estate Management team.
• Assist in keeping insurance and other records up to date.
• Maintain systems whilst monitoring legislation to ensure that the portfolio follows best practice and legally compliant.
• Recharging for various services and/or utilities.
• Overseeing of maintenance contracts for regular events (eg, septic tank emptying, boiler servicing etc).
Essential Skills and Attributes
• Characterful, motivated, self-starter with ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
• Good knowledge of general property maintenance and an ability to fix or instruct contractors to fix issues in a timely manner.
• Demonstrable experience in property management.
• Well organised with ability to work on own initiative and to realistic targets, budgets and deadlines.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm for the role, with a desire to make a broader contribution.
• Strong communicator, with confidence and tact in dealing with tenants, contractors, colleagues and wider staff.
• A good eye for detail and presentation.
• A willingness to develop new skills.
• The ability to work independently in a professional business environment.
• Proficient in MS Office, common IT platforms and with strong skills in numeracy and written English.
• A clean UK Driving licence
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
• A relevant professional qualification (RICS, ARLA or equivalent) would be beneficial but is not essential.
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter by email to: Philip@gassonassociates.com
Closing date: 31st October 2019
North Herefordshire, 1,100 ha
Due to retirement after over 30 years in post our client is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic person to oversee the management and continued development of this progressive business. The farming enterprise consists of 130ha of potatoes, 400ha of combinable crops, 1,000 breeding ewes and a suckler herd of 200 cows with all progeny finished. An agri-environment scheme is also in place.
Applicants will have sound practical experience of crop production, strong financial management skills and ideally previous experience of beef and sheep enterprises. The manager, reporting directly to the owner, will lead and motivate a capable team and will provide support to the other enterprises on the estate which include a private shoot, woodland and let properties.
A competitive employment package will be offered together with a good detached house on the estate.
For more information contact Peter Baughen on 07974 074369.
Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and should be sent with a full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 28 October 2019.